Sunday, July 19, 2015

London 2015 Day 16 July 15 leaving London

London 2015 Day 16 July 15 Leaving London

After ordering a car to the airport from our hotel, only 70 pounds not the 90 we paid coming in, we turned in our Oyster cards and got a refund of a lot of coins to spend! I headed to the NATIONAL GALLERY for one last visit to balance out our visit there on our first day in London. Ti went down to see the Horse Guards, but we only had about two hours so I wanted to see what I missed last time. I got an audio guide, which made the paintings much more enjoyable. This time I went through the early years from the 13th to the 15th centuries and saw some amazing works. Ducccio, Botticelli, Mantegna, Veronese, Memling, etc., etc., it was a well spent two hours.

Then I met Ti for our last lunch in St. Martins, but this time in the crypt not in the outdoor terrace as it had rained and it was rather damp out. It is pleasant down below however and we had excellent salads! The salads here are superior to all other meals we decided, as they are always fresh with great variety.

Back to our hotel across the street to gather our bags and check out. We paid up before going back to the room and the key card didn't work again. Second time this happened to us despite my asking the clerk to make sure we could enter the room. Our ride to the airport was swift and comfy in a new Mercedes! But we got there with three hours to spare although Ti had her bag searched as she forgot a spray bottle in it! We looked around in duty free and I bought some cherry jam with my last coins. Then we still had hours to kill so we went to the Waggamama (?) restaurant for tea and a snack, our favorite thing here!

British Aiways 189 left on time, it was full up, and Michael met me in Newark, and we had a fast ride home by 9pm although really 2am for me! END OF A WONDERFUL TWO WEEKS -- THANK YOU TI FOR SHARING !!

No comments:

Post a Comment